The Accademia della Crusca has held, for many centuries, the most important archive for the history of the Italian language and the evidence of the activity of the institution, since its foundation in 1583. Its peculiarity lies in the kinds of documents collected. Together with the documents related with the compilation of the five editions of the Vocabulary (1612, 1623, 1691, 1729-1738, 1863-1923) there are: diaries, proceedings, academic lectures, literary contests, collections of letters, language books and donations of index files, studies and dictionaries made by non-academicians. In addiction, a collection of 147 manuscripts, from XIII to XIX century, is held by the Library of the Accademia. The catalogue, edited by Severina Parodi, is available digitally in the Accademia.
|Historical Archive||Modern Archive|
La Biblioteca accetta in dono unicamente opere attinenti ai propri ambiti disciplinari.
Le opere inviate non saranno comunque restituite al donatore.